Sunday, July 18, 2010

Writing Update

I think I finally figured out what I needed to do in order to move forward: take a step back. On Friday (or was it Thursday?) I started to edit Chapter 19, and I finished it yesterday. The funny thing is these so called "edits" turned into a full on rewrite in some cases, and I'm happy to say that I think this is the chapter I should have written all along.

Now...onto 20. This one's pretty darn good, I gotta say. I don't really wanna mess with it, because I like so much about it already...but I think it could still stand to improve. I have an idea for another scene, but it's going to take some research. I wanna do it just right, so...we'll see how that goes.

I really think that until I am fully satisfied and happy with what I write, I will never be able to progress any further. I'm just wired that way. Let's hope I'm on the right track this time.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to read that Chapter 19 worked out so well. Looking forward to reading it.

    Good luck with the rewrites. You're brilliant! Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're far too kind to me. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete