Thursday, July 8, 2010

Obligatory writing update post

The Big Surprise is...Me?


So begins my latest brainstorm. Noticeably, it's got nothing to do with actually...y'know, writing. But hey...pretty pictures totally count, and they add to the story and they're necessary. I'll take them.

Those familiar with my story will know that I make promos for each chapter. Well, I've decided that beginning with chapter 40, I will no longer do this. Until chapter 45, instead of specific chapter promos, The Big Surprise campaign will begin. This campaign will highlight the final five suspects, with first person admissions of guilt. I've chosen to end all of them with, "My name is X and I am a murderer."

(sneak peek at one, no real spoilers contained therein: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/CrazyBex/ID%20promos/63ac2c56.jpg )

Of course, only one of them is and we will find out which one in chapter 45...and I'm only writing Chapter 23 now. So I have a really long way to go here, but it never hurts to plan ahead. :)

I would love to make some progress on these chapters and stuff, but I do realize that you just can't force it. There's a lot of emotion in this, and sometimes, it's just not in you to write that. I have to wait until it's time and then...well, we'll see what happens. But I'm keeping my optimism about me. I figure that's all I can do.

4 comments:

  1. I like!! I know you don't want to rush or anything, but I'd like to peek at the ending so I stop guessing whodunit! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can't really go into the ending yet, but did you see the Score Charts? http://haven-park.110mb.com/arc1chart.html is the first one and http://haven-park.110mb.com/arc2chart.html is the 2nd. Not a whole lot of help, I know, but it at least lets a person ponder possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen them! I can't believe you have to get down to 5! I look forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got two more people to pick off, though one's not going to die...this is so spoilerish, but at least I'm not naming names. Then there's one last one to die after the reveal, before we get to the end...

    The final five will be the last five ones we have to suspect. There will be five of the main cast left alive by the time it's done, though. Sigh. Have I mentioned that I hate killing people?

    I'm wondering about the third victim now. I changed it last year, because I thought it had more impact, but now as I approach it, I wonder if I should change it back, because the first way would make more sense.

    I don't know. This probably another blog entry in and of itself, but that's where my head is at this morning.

    ReplyDelete