Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Milestone of Sorts

Hi, my name is Bex Aaron. I've worked at the Knights Inn since April 10, 2008. I've worked through a hurricane and the power outage that followed (for twelve hours at a time, no less!), under two separate (but both Vietnamese) managers, through illnesses and flus and more gallbladder attacks than I can count. I have never been late, have never missed work just for the hell of it and have only been granted one (unpaid) vacation all this time. I've worked Christmas and New Years (one hung over mofo!) and have yet to accrue any sick time or personal time - those silly things don't exist here. I've been cursed at on Christmas Eve (and a merry fucking Christmas to you too, buddy), I've been hit, I've witnessed knife fights, ho fights, screaming fights, redneck fights, guest fights and even one unfortunate occasion where the desk clerk and a person wanting a job application got into a rumble (true story). I've taken abuse that I would not wish on anyone, I've withstood when every single odd was against me...and now, I think I have reached the end of my exceptionally long patience. I think I am finally done.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment