Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gallstone Recipes (Volume 1)

I have gallstones and have for several years now. I fully intend to create an entry comprised of my findings in different foods; what I can and can't have. But until I can find the time to sit down and write that out, here is a recipe for an AMAZING dinner that my mother came up with. I would estimate the entire meal contains somewhere between 5-7 grams of fat.

Chicken Fiesta (feeds 2)

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Thighs or 2 Chicken Breasts
1 pack McCormick Enchilada Seasoning
80z can of tomato paste (with equal part water)
Tortillas
White rice
1 can of Frito Lay Jalapeno Cheese Dip

Preheat oven to 350. Remove the skin from chicken and set aside. In a baking dish, add the McCormick seasoning, the can of tomato paste and the water and blend. Place your chicken meaty side down into the mixture. Cover the top of your baking dish with foil and place in the oven for about an hour.

Allow chicken to cool in the sauce after removing it from the oven. When the chicken cools, remove the meat from the bone and shred the chicken. Place it in a large, microwave safe bowl. Spoon the sauce on top of the chicken. Add 2 table spoons of Frito Lay Jalapeno Cheese dip to the chicken. Allow the chicken and sauce to sit for fifteen to twenty minutes, so the flavor can set in.

Add white rice according to the mixture to the amount of sauce that you have. Microwave on high for 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender and mixture is absorbed. Heat your tortillas in the microwave and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! That sounds yummy and interesting and ...EASY!!!

    I think I might venture to try it out without the tortillas. I can just have the chicken with the rice ;)

    ReplyDelete