Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Me = Uninspired

I hate when this happens. I've a detailed outline before me. I've a pretty good idea of how this whole chapter is supposed to go. I even have bits and pieces of dialogue dancing around in my head...but when I go to put all of this to paper, nothing's there. I grow more and more disheartened with every false start. I'm starting to think my lucky streak of earlier this year is over. I'm starting to wonder if I've lost my passion.

Don't get me wrong. I love this story. I love these crazy people. I love everything about it...but I hate my inability to churn it out like I used to. It's taking me something ridiculous like 3 weeks to finish a chapter these days and that is completely unacceptable to me.

I know, greatness can't be rushed. I know, I'd rather labor over every keystroke than just slap something together to appease whomever might be reading it. I know, I needn't worry about this so much. But I am. I dunno why, but I am.

Help me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment