Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Conversations With My Characters, Volume II

Jeff: Hey, remember me?

Me: Of course I remember you, silly! How've you been, Jim?

Jeff: It's Jeff.

Me: Oh. Right. Sorry. So what's up?

Jeff: I was sort of hoping you could tell me...

Me: Me? Oh, me! Right. Well...uh...I've been a little busy.

Jeff: Yeah, I noticed. So how's engagement treating you?

Me: Just great, thanks!

Jeff: Hope yours turns out better than mine.

Me: (awkward chuckle) Yes, I do too...

Jeff: So hey, listen. I had this idea for the third arc. How's this sound to you? What if we reveal that I'm not really me, I'm a Russian assassin - no, spy. I like spy way better. So I'm like this Russian spy that's...been sent to kill........the other Russian spy.

Me: M'kay...and who is the other Russian spy?

Jeff: I haven't really gotten that far yet. Uh...how about that Laramie guy?

Me: Michael? Nah.

Jeff: We don't know anything about him, do we? It could work.

Me: Well...that's certainly a great idea, Jeff, and I will definitely keep it in mind. Thank you.

Jeff: (mumbling) Hey, somebody's gotta write this shit.

Me: I'm sorry, what was that?

Jeff: Nothing.


Okay, so I suck. I admit it. I really, really suck. I've been preoccupied with a thousand other things that don't involve writing and I've allowed a thousand other things to distract me from this story. I'm making every effort possible to get back into it, if only so we don't have to endure a story about a couple of unlikely Russian spies (though that might be kinda interesting, now that I think about it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment