Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy new year!

Finally, a fresh start. I fully intend to write in this thing a lot more regularly in 2011. I also intend to do a whole lot more writing period in 2011. Let's just hope for my sake that it works out.

Now, to clarify the last post: I am not taking down my website, and I'm not going to stop writing it either. I'm just not going to attempt to insert myself into a medium that does not want me anymore. I thought for a while it might have been that my genre didn't mesh with theirs, though many claimed not to have a genre bias. I thought for a while that I must not be reaching the right people, though I posted and mingled and did everything imaginable to network. I thought for a while that I just might suck and that would explain the colossal lack of attention paid to anything I've done...and after some careful consideration, I've resolved that is most definitely NOT the problem. I'm just not welcome. My efforts are just not recognized. And rather than draw it out for yet another year and make myself miserable in the process, I've simply backed away.

Again, the site is still there (http://bit.ly/haven-park) and I only just updated it this morning, so no worries that I won't continue this story. I just won't hawk it to the very skies to people who couldn't care less. :)

Happy new year, everyone. Hope this year proves to be the best one yet - for all of us.

3 comments: